Water/Wastewater / Heavy Equipment Operator
The Township of Larder Lake is accepting applications for the permanent full-time position of Water/Wastewater / Heavy Equipment Operator. Resumes and cover letters may be submitted in person at the Larder Lake Municipal Complex (69 Fourth Avenue), by email to email@example.com, or by fax to 705-643-2311. Only those selected will be contacted. The deadline to submit applications is November 17th, 2022, at 2:00 p.m.
The following are requirements for the position:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid DZ driver’s license (required to maintain as a condition of employment)
- Class 1 Water and Wastewater certificates and licenses or Water Wastewater Operator-in-Training (OIT) certificate, and ability to obtain Class 1 within 1 year of hire. (Required as a condition of employment)
- Acceptable driving record
- Acceptable criminal record check
The following skills are preferred but are not necessary requirements to apply for the position:
- Standard First Aid, CPR, AED, and WHIMIS
- Mechanical, welding, and automotive repair experience
- Proficiency with computers and other technology
- Working at heights and in confined spaces
Wage: To be discussed. (40 hours per week with the ability to work overtime as required).
We offer a competitive remuneration package including OMERS and an attractive benefits plan.
The Township of Larder Lake is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of disability-related accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received regarding disability-related accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Casual Labour Roster
We are now compiling a casual labour roster for those who want to pick up shifts on an “as needed” basis. This can be labour work, administration work, carpentry, etc. If you are interested in short irregular periods of work that are laborious in nature, then please provide a written letter of interest in person at the Larder Lake Municipal Complex (69 Fourth Avenue), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax to 705-643-2311.
Students are encouraged to apply.