Your Council 2018-2022
The Mayor and four Councillors govern the Corporation of the Township of Larder Lake, each member of council including the Mayor, has one vote in the decision-making process.
The role of council is;
- to represent the public and to consider the well-being and interests of the municipality;
- to develop and evaluate the policies and programs of the municipality;
- to determine which services the municipality provides;
- to ensure that administrative policies, practices and procedures and controllership policies, practices and procedures are in place to implement the decisions of council;
- to ensure the accountability and transparency of the operations of the municipality, including the activities of the senior management of the municipality;
- to maintain the financial integrity of the municipality; and
- to carry out the duties of council under the Municipal Act or any other Act.