October 3, 2021
ATTENTION: Residents Serviced by the Larder Lake Municipal Drinking Water System. A BOIL WATER ADVISORY will be issued effective Oct. 3, 2021. This BOIL WATER ADVISORY will remain in effect until further notice. If you have any questions regarding this advisory, please contact the Municipal Office at 705-643-2158 or the Timiskaming Health Unit at 647-4305.
See link for more information: https://www.timiskaminghu.com/354/boil-water-advisory-bwa
BOIL your water to a rolling boil for at least ONE MINUTE or you may also use bottled water to:
- gargle, brush your teeth or rinse dentures
- wash fruits, vegetables and other food
- make ice, juices, puddings, or other mixes
- make baby food or formula (bottled water or alternate potable supply only)
BATHING and WASHING:
- Adults, teens and older children can use tap water for baths and showers
- Small children can be given sponge-baths instead of tub baths or showers
- Do not swallow any tap water used for showers and baths
Dishwashers: Use a dishwasher with a high heat setting or sanitize cycle.
Manual dishwashing: Wash in hot soapy water, rinse, sanitize and allow dishes to air dry as usual. (To sanitize, mix 1 tsp. of bleach to 1 litre of water, let dishes soak in the solution for one minute).